Sunday 26 July 2015

Before and after

Leaving all this behind now and I have learned a huge lesson. Which is, that it is definitely not so safe to buy stuff on line.
First, one needs to check for the obvious red flags, like free samples, magic diets, no proper company information, no reputation, what google says about it, etc...
Second, one needs to bare in mind that even if one does check all that and all is in order and still the bank card gets abused and the money stolen...from what I had experienced it is all the same...nobody can really do anything about it or prevent it...so it is best to stick to buying stuff only from large well known companies.
And that is also something that is a new lesson for me in this. After this I lost my faith in the consumers agencies, police organizations, banks....I seriously believed that they have more competence and feel very disappointed that they are letting this happen.
But still, if one should have the misfortune to experience scam/credit card abuse I think that he/she should do the same and report it to as many consumers agencies as possible, here are some emails and links:

Swedish:
info@hallakonsument.se 
arn@arn.se
www.arn.se
konsumentverket@konsumentverket.se
www.konsumentverket.se


European:
info@konsumenteuropa.se 
www.konsumenteuropa.se

International: 

And of course the local police and personal bank, where the card should immediately be blocked/changed.
I think that would serve the purpose of increasing the chances of this ever being investigated and acted upon.
But individually, regarding ever getting the money back, the only promising and hopeful thing is to file for a reclamation or a refund from the personal bank. Usually all banks have a form to be filled out for this case and the police report has to be done and attached. If possible, other documents should be attached as well, showing that the transaction was indeed unauthorized, in other words a theft.

And that is it. I felt very very stupid having this happened to me. But after discovering the scale of all this and the amount of other victims I feel a bit less stupid, I hope after reading this, anybody with the same problem will as well.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment